About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Hi Everyone and Thanks for dropping by...so, do you want to know a little more about the woman behind the blog? Keep reading... My name is Kalaimane but my friends and family fondly call me Suzy. Check me out at the link below Joyfully, Suzy http://azarausa.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Chennai Primary School Visit August 2014


Me handing over the bags and pencil cases to the kids from Chennai Primary School











 

                                                 I LOVE SCHOLARS!!!






 

Donated my Ipad and Kindle to the school for their classroom needs.
 


 
Kids happy with their biscuits that I distributed to them.
 



 







Miss Gowri with the one of the kids...he is smiling with his goodies with a small packet of cookies.




It was the hottest day on earth and the poor kids were in the classroom without electricity for two weeks. It was so hot that day.



Enjoying myself with the kids in the Classroom...

 This boy was hanging this bag around his neck the entire time I was there..so afraid that someone might take his bag away.


                         Happy with her Heart shape Pencilcase
            He as not too happy with a pink flowery pencil case but accepted it with a smile...so sweet of him. That's all I had with me.
         






                                                                   BEST of buddies....



                                                   Pulling a John Travolta dance move...LOL!!!



                                                                The Class with Scholars...










                                                Oooppsss...teacher punishing him for being naughty...


                       Doing school work...On the floor...they do not have Desk or chairs to on sit on




            
                                               A teacher from another class with her kids.


                                 School over..teacher handing over their lunch basket to the kids



                                        Smaller Kids where they get to nap in the class on just a mat.


Sweet Girl!!!      
                                                   This cute girl is with her Lunch box and a water bottle
                                           Kids waiting after school for their parents to pick them up





                   Miss Gowri the teacher explaining that the kids painted the school with the funds                                                    they receive from donations to the school
                                           



                                                       This little one just enjoying the slide.

The visit to the school was truly a eye opener. It was a good experience for me. It made me realize how lucky my kids and I are.



I am in the process of crocheting hats, scarfs, slipper and blankets. I am also stitching  pencil cases, bags and even dresses. I would like to display it in a section in my blog where if anyone who is interested in having them can email or contact me. I have no issues in giving away these items for free however....it would be kind of you to contribute a small donation that will be going towards this school that I am supporting. I would like to buy every child a pair of shoes in this school. Sadly, most of these kids do not own a pair of shoes.

One of the other things that I would like to collect for the school, is board games and story books. Any kind of gently used games or books would be appreciated.



Let's all together try and put a smile on a child, one day at a time.





1-832-545-6561 (cell)
azarausa@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment